Having a pet is a source of love, but the worst part is, you need to keep cleaning pet hair every day. Now you no longer need to drag the traditional vacuum into your home. The irobot Roomba is available to help you clean dust, dirt, pet hair even stubborn spots from your hardwood floor, tiles, and carpet.
The hardest part of this process is choosing the best Roomba for pet hair. Whether you have a pet with short hair, long hair, or you have more than one pet. Stay with us!
👉This article will help you learn about the best Roomba for pet hair, which Roomba model works with dog hair, how well Roomba works on pet hair, and more.
Things to consider before buying Best Roomba for Pet Hair
While all Roomba models have their unique features, however, following few features need your attention if you want to buy Roomba for pet hair;
First, you should consider the length of your pet’s hair when choosing the best Roomba. A short-haired bulldog and a cat with long hair may have different needs. The positive thing is that Roomba has developed three main brush roll designs, Bristle, Dual Rubberized 1.0, and Dual Rubberized 2.0, to ensure cleaning all types of pet hair.
i.Bristle; This brush roll has a small roller paddle that works well for pets with short hair.
Bristle Brush roll in Roomba Robot Vacuum for 600 Series
Bristle style Popular models include Roomba 614, 675, and 690.
ii. Dual Rubberized; This advanced double brush roll rotates two rubber in different ways to help pull the long hair of your pet. Moreover, the rotation helps prevent tangles while receiving a large amount of debris, but Dual Rubberized version 1.0 doesn’t repeat the cycle too much.
Dual Rubberized 1.0 Brush roll in irobot Roomba for 900 Series
The popular models with Dual Rubberized 1.0 include: Roomba 890, 960 and 980.
Dual Rubberized 2.0 Brush roll in Roomba Robot Vacuum for New Models
You can notice the rubber threads’ length is the same for each brush in the 1.0 version. Whereas, in the new version 2.0, the threads are longer in one of the brush rolls, which allows for more traction when cleaning. Thereby, we recommend version 2.0 to sweep the long hair of your pet.
New models with Dual Rubberized 2.0 Brush Roll include Roomba S9 +, i7+, and e5.
No doubt, pets produce a few allergies. So, pet lovers who are also conscious about allergens may need to consider an advanced filtration system. The three central filtration systems that come in a robot vacuum are listed below:
The AeroForce 2.0 is the most advanced filtering system. Its small size makes it more efficient. Moreover, the item comes with the largest size dustbin. It is the revised version of the AeroForce 1.0 filter. You can find it in new models like Roomba S9 +, i7+, and e5.
The AeroForce 1.0 is another advanced filtering system with many similar version 2.0, but its size is twice version 2.0, making it comparatively less efficient. However, it comes with large size of the dustbin. You can find it in Roomba 900 series, including the 890 models.
The AeroVac filtration system works using a single bristle brush roll. This filter has a small curve in it, designed to increase airflow and bring debris back to the bin. However, its dustbin size is relatively smaller. It can be found in Roomba 600 series.
It is the last thing to consider. The Roomba corporation manufactures two types of virtual barriers; Original and Dual mode barriers. The details of each are given below;
- Original Barrier: With infrared light, it can block up to 10 direct paths. This style works efficiently for entrance, door, and hallways.
Dual-mode Virtual Barrier Original Virtual Barrier
ii. Dual-Mode Barrier: It also uses infrared lights to block direct paths, but it can work in two modes; standard and halo. The standard model enables it to secure a 10-inch-long way. In contrast, halo mode allows it to block an area up to 4-inch-diameter, making it ideal for securing pet area, sensitive furniture, or sleeping area.
Overall, if you have a carpet or rug, you need a model with a lot of absorption. If you have a larger home, the Roomba model with a more extended battery life will work well. Finally, if you have more than one pet, you need a model with a high filtration system.
Table. Comparison of Best Roomba for Pet Hair in 2021
Best Roomba for Pet Hair – In-Depth Analysis
We have examined the highest-rated Roombas to assist you in finding the best option. This analysis provides you necessary details about features, differences, cautions, pros and cons, and more.
1. iRobot Roomba S9+ – Overall Best Vacuums For Pet Hair
The Roomba s9+ is the smartest and most powerful robot vacuum. It uses smart imprint mapping to learn your home’s layout and determine the best option to clean. It has a suite of innovative technology specifically designed to ensure superior cleanliness.
The Automatic Dirt Disposal empties itself for up to 60 days. The Anti-Allergen System allows it to trap 99% of pollen and mold, causing the allergy.
Using the 40x suction power, its 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts and removes debris and pet hair from your carpets. Its advanced sensors and corner brush clean deep into corners and edges.
The vSLAM navigation can actively collect more than 230,400 data points per second to ensure that the entire home is clean. You can also customize your robotic vacuum to stay away from certain zones.
iRobot also ensures the security of your data using the highest standard of data encryption.
BOX includes: iRobot Roomba s9, CleanBase charger (to perform two tasks; charging and self-empty dust bin), 2 Disposal bags and AeroForce 2.0 filter (HEPA)
The Roomba s9+ robotic vacuum is for the individual who is 1) conscious about data security, 2) doesn’t have time to empty the dirt disposal, 3) doesn’t care for the price, 4) wants to keep the home efficiently clean and allergen-free. Finally, its sleek design of a D-shaped body adds beauty to the interior of your home.
2. iRobot Roomba i7+ – Hassle-Free Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
The Roomba i7+ robot vacuum reduces your headache as it automatically empties into a disposable bag that can hold dirt and dust for 60 days. So, you don’t need to even think about vacuuming for two months.
The Dual Rubber Brushes offer powerful cleaning. As, the vSLAM navigation enables it to learn the layout of your home, customize mapping and adapt the best cleaning pattern like an expert.
This machine is smarter than ever as it learns the cleaning routine of all areas in your home then suggests personalized schedules saving you time to enjoy your life. The 10X suctions ensure powerful cleaning of stubborn spots and dirt.
BOX includes Roomba i7+ Vacuum, Automatic Clean Base Dirt Disposal, 2 Dirt Disposal Bags, 1 Dual Mode Virtual Barrier, 1 High-Efficiency Filter (AeroForce 2.0), one additional side brush, 1 line Cord compatible with North America.
It doesn’t only allow you to order or set a cleaning schedule remotely by touching the CLEAN button from your smartphone or voice assistant but also offers you an option to prevent the robotic vacuum from entering a specific zone like a play area.
The Imprint Link Technology enables it to clean automatically in a perfect sequence. In case the battery runs low, it automatically stops, recharges, and resumes.
The Roomba i7+ robot vacuum is the best option for an individual;
- Having pets or kids often make the home dirty with stubborn spots. The 10X suctions ensure powerful cleaning of all spots from three-floor types; hardwood, high, and low pile carpets. So, it helps you to keep your home neat and clean.
- Doesn’t have time to empty the dustbin. It is worth mentioning that currently, only two robot vacuums (i7+ and S9+) are available with a self-empty dust bin. Its broad charging base can hold up to 30x debris.
- Needs smart mapping, the latest navigation technology, can determine the zone for cleaning cycle and provide digital map reports. It can also be paired with another mopping robot-like Braava Jet m6.
Difference between Roomba i7+ & s9 Models
The main difference between Roomba i7+ and s9+ is the body style. The i7+ model comes with a classic round body, whereas the S9+ D-shaped body is unique. Another difference allows you to purchase i7+ with or without the base charger that can empty itself after finishing the cleaning cycle.
3. iRobot Roomba E5 – Best for Pet with Long Hair
The Roomba E5 Robot Vacuum offers a powerful pickup performance. The 3-Stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet fur and the allergens and dust. Its intelligent sensors navigate the robot in your home to ensure the perfect cleaning of carpets and hard floors. You need to press CLEAN or set a schedule with the iRobot HOME App or voice assistant.
Moreover, its unique Multi-Surface Brushes are made with rubber that removes the pet hair without tangling. The dual brushes adjust and bend to clean the carpet. The Cliff detector also protects it from falling from any height like downstairs.
Besides, the dirt detectors can sense the dirtiest areas of your home and clean them thoroughly. The smart sensors allow you to clean your home every day. It can work up to 90 minutes continuously, then recharges and resumes automatically.
Box includes Rooma E5, AeroForce 2.0 Filter (HEPA), One Dual-Mode virtual wall and Standard Charging Station
The Roomba E5 is for the individual looking for;
- The robotic vacuum is easy to start and comes in secure packing. No extra effort is required. Just plug in the charger and set the vacuum. Connecting it with Wi-Fi is also convenient.
- Fantastic performance on variety of floor against all types of debris with less cost than i7+ and S9+ Roomba models.
- Not fancy features. Even though Roomba E5 lacks fancy features (like onboard camera, self-emptying dust bin, recharge, and resume and setting zones for cleaning cycle), still it is a compact vacuum to offer you excellent cleaning at a low price.
Difference between Roomba i7+ and E5 models
There are several differences between Roomba i7+ and E5 models. For example,
- i7 model has camera-based navigation, whereas E5 has sensor-based navigation.
- For i7+, battery runtime is 120 minutes higher than 90 minutes for the E5 model.
- I7+ uses iAdapt 2.0 Technology that a revised version of iAdapt 1.0 in E5.
- i7+ allows you to name all rooms using smart mapping, and it can automatically resume cleaning after recharging, but these features are not available in Roomba E5.
4. iRobot Roomba 960 – Best for Home with more than 1 Pet
iRobot Roomba 960 Vacuum has been professionally inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers. The latest cleaning technology with 5X Suction airpower improved the pickup performance.
The 3-stage Cleaning System with a High-Efficiency filter cleans the dirt and pet hair and removes 99% of pollen and other small particles. Moreover, If your home is large, it automatically recharges and keeps cleaning to ensure the job is done correctly.
Besides, its voice control features allow you to customize and control cleaning from anywhere with your voice. Finally, the vSLAM navigation actively captures the extensive data to optimize coverage of the entire home.
Attention: You can replace this product or ask for refund within 90 days of receipt if you are not satisfied.
BOX includes Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum, Home Base Charging Station, North American Line Cord, Owner’s Guide
The Roomba 960 iRobot vacuum is for the individual who;
- Need a robot vacuum with the latest cleaning technology. Like other Roomba models, this product uses a three-stage cleaning system. Still, additional features include its latest suction power and onboard camera.
- Don’t worry about the higher price. The latest technology and advanced features make this unit expensive. Before buying it, please make sure Roomba 960 fulfills all your needs.
- Want to control the robot vacuum using an app. The Alexa compatibility features will save your time by offering you voice control over your smart home’s cleaning from anywhere. Overall, it is the right choice for all those who need effortless cleaning.
- If you are suffering from allergies, this unit with HEPA style filter is not for you.
5. iRobot Roomba 891 – Best for Allergy conscious
Roomba 891 Robot Vacuum automatically adjusts to clean hardwood, tile, carpets, rugs, and laminate floors as it navigates through your home. You can also connect it with Wi-Fi to control and schedule cleaning from anywhere using an app or voice assistant.
Moreover, the 3-Stage cleaning system with 5X suction ensures perfect cleaning by removing dust and pet fur from your carpet and hard floors. It can also adjust its height to ensure the multi-surface brushes are close enough to clean different floor surfaces.
Besides, the edge-sweeping brushes ensure that all edges and corners are clean. It can work up to 90 minutes continuously, then stops, recharges, and resumes automatically. Finally, the Dirt Detect sensors instruct the robotic vacuum to clean the areas having more spots thoroughly.
BOX Includes Roomba 891 Vacuum, Home Base Charging Station, North American Line Cord and Owner’s Guide.
Roomba 891 Robot Vacuum is the best option for the individual; who is allergy conscious. It is one of the best Roomba models which can deal with any type of animal fur. Most importantly, the battery life is 90 minutes, higher than the average.
It also works well for a large home with multi floors. Moreover, its 5X suction has enough ability to lift all dirt and debris from all feet without getting tired. Besides, it is easy to use.
You can also connect it with your smart device and access various features like scheduling a cleaning from anywhere. Finally, the app sends you push notifications about real-time updates.
Difference between Roomba 891 and 960 models
The advanced model always has the edge over the previous model, which you can find in the Roomba models. Let’s see how Roomba 960 is different than 891!
- Roomba 960 has iAdapt 2.0 mapping technology, a revised version of iAdapt 1.0 in Roomba 891.
- For 960, the lithium-ion battery can work without interruption for up to 75 less than 90 minutes for the 891 model.
The Roomba 960; 1) performs the entire cleaning, 2) sends clean map report, 3) double passes dirty areas for a thorough cleaning, 4) have mode for edge cleaning and top mount camera to assist mapping and navigation, but these features are not available in 891 models.
6. iRobot Roomba 675 – Best for Pet with Short Hair
This unique iRobot Roomba Vacuum helps you to clean your home smarter from anywhere. The in-build sensor designed by iRobot Genius can learn your cleaning habits to customize schedules. You only need to schedule a cleaning or press clean from the iRobot home app or voice assistant of Google or Alexa.
Moreover, Its 3-stage cleaning system pulls small particles and even large debris from hard floors and carpets. The dual multi-surface brushes not only grab dirt from your carpets and hard floors but also clean corners and edges. These two features distinguish it from another iRobot vacuum in the market.
The dirt detecting Technology also alerts the robotic vacuum about the dirtiest areas in your home and cleans them more thoroughly. Besides, It can auto-adjust extra cleanings during a specific season like pollen count peak.
Box includes Roomba 675, Home Base Charging Station, Line Cord, 1 extra filter, Cleaning tool and Owner’s Guide,
Using advanced sensors, Roomba can also navigate all-around furniture and along edges, detect cliffs, and protect itself from falling downstairs. You can also adjust it automatically, even manually, for daily cleaning to keep your home neat.
Finally, you don’t need to worry about charging. It automatically sets after working for 90 minutes.
The Roomba 675 is for the individual who needs a robotic vacuum for a pet with short hair. Its bristle style brush roll can tangle with long hair, but it works perfectly for a pet with short hair.
Even though the package doesn’t have a virtual barrier, it is compatible with any barriers if you purchase separately. Despite these limitations, Roomba 675 is one of the favorite robot vacuums in the market.
7. iRobot Roomba 614 – Budget-Friendly Price
iRobot Roomba 614 has a 3-Stage cleaning system to lifts and suctions dust and pet hair from your carpet and hard floors. It automatically adjusts its height to thoroughly clean all zones in your home and work up to 90 minutes without any interruption, then automatically stops and recharges.
The Dual Multi-Surface Brushes grab not only dust and dirt but also pick up large debris. Moreover, The full suite of sensors is intelligent enough to direct the robotic vacuum under and around the furniture. It ensures the cleaning of all areas. Besides, the 3.6″ low product design can clean under beds and other furniture.
Its distinguishing feature includes patented dust detect sensors that alert the robotic vacuum to work harder in high traffic areas of your home. Finally, its edge sweeping brush is designed at a 27-degree angle to ensure efficient cleaning of edges and corners.
BOX includes Roomba 614, Charging Station, 1 Extra Filter, Owner’s Guide and Manufacturer’s Warranty.
iRobot Roomba 614 Vacuum is the best for those;
- Who lives in a home having high traffic but can’t do regular vacuuming with a traditional machine. And looking for an auto-recharge robotic vacuum that grabs dust and dirt, picks up large debris, and ensures cleaning of all corners.
- Who is looking for a long-lasting vacuum. The Lithium-ion battery of the 614 model has a longer life than other models that come with a nickel-metal hydride battery. So, you can enjoy an entry-level vacuum with long-lasting batteries at a low price.
- If you are busy then, this is not an excellent option because you need to empty the small dirt hopper and clean off the bushes. However, the company provides a useful tool to clean brushes. However, it is tedious and time-consuming.
Difference between Roomba 614 and 675 models
Both Roomba 614 and 675 are almost the same, with one significant difference in wireless communication.
- Roomba 675 can be connected with Wi-Fi to set schedules and control cleaning remotely, but it is impossible with the 614 model.
How to Set the Cleaning Schedule?
You can schedule the robot vacuum to clean your home once daily and up to seven times weekly. You need to set the time before customizing the schedule.
To set a schedule, follow these simple steps
- Press and hold the SCHEDULE button
- Set the Day, Hour, and Minute
- Release the SCHEDULE button. Now vacuum will beep to confirm the schedule setting
How to care for Roomba?
To enjoy the high performance of the iRobot Vacuum, you are required to follow the below care procedures. Moreover, If the vacuum starts leaving debris on your floor, please empty the bin and clean its brushes and filter.
- Bin after each use
- Filter once per week but if you have a pet, then empty the filter twice per week
- Brushes once per week, but if you have a pet, then clean brushes twice per week
- Front caster wheel once every two weeks
- Side brushes, cliff sensor, and changing contacts once per month
- Filter every two months
- Brushes every 6-12 months
- Front caster wheel every 12 months
Attention: iRobot doesn’t certify the quality and authenticity of the product purchased from non-authorized reseller on amazon. Therefore, it will not cover claim or provide service for products purchased from these resellers.
Best Roomba for Pet Hair – FAQs
When it comes to the best Roomba for pet hair, you may find yourself asking some questions. Here I highlight frequently asked questions with answers.
💭 Which Roomba is best for pet hair?
It depends upon whether your pet has long hair or short hair. iRobot Roomba E5 is best for Pet with Long Hair. On the other hand, iRobot Roomba 675 performs well in homes having Pet with Short Hair. Besides, iRobot Roomba 960 is a good option for a family with more than one pet. Finally, iRobot Roomba S9+ is the best overall.
💳Does a Roomba work with dog hair?
Yes, iRobot Roomba is designed explicitly for Pet hair. So, cleaning your floors regularly with iRobot Roomba can help keep your home free of dog hair. However, every iRobot Roomba model is unique in some ways. The above article describes each Roomba model in detail, but the overview is given below.
- iRobot Roomba S9+ – Best overall
- Roomba i7+ – Best for Hassle-Free Operation
- iRobot Roomba E5 – Best for Pet with Long Hair
- Roomba 960 – Best for Home with more than 1 Pet
- iRobot Roomba 891 – Best for Allergy conscious
- Roomba 675 – Best for Pet with Short Hair
- iRobot Roomba 614 – Budget-Friendly Price
❓Is Shark robot vacuum better than Roomba?
It is hard to answer that which one is better, Shark or Roomba, depends on the model and your requirements. However, the following points may help:
- Shark IQ, Roomba i7+, and Roomba S9+ have advanced digital mapping, and run time is 75 minutes. Roomba e5 run time slightly higher at 90 minutes.
- However, the models differ in cleaning performance. Roomba S9+, i7+, and e5 remove 99% of debris, whereas Shark only removes 87% of debris.
- Shark IQ, Roomba S9+, and Roomba i7+ can recharge and resume, whereas Roomba e5 can’t.
- Shark IQ, Roomba S9+, and Roomba i7+ have a self-emptying dust bin, but the Roomba e5 doesn’t.
- Roomba S9+ and i7+ have a bag within the clean base. After the bags get full, you need to replace them. Roomba e5 and Shark IQ haven’t any bags. Vacuum with a bag design is comparatively expensive.
- There is a considerable price difference. Roomba S9+ and i7+ are about twice as expensive as the Shark IQ. In contrast, Roomba e5 and Shark IQ are closer to the same low price.
⭐Is the Roomba 675 good for pet hair?
Roomba 675 is suitable for pets with short hair. It is not a good option if you have a pet with long hair. The Roomba E5 performs well for pets with Long Hair. Roomba 960 is a good option for homes having more than one pet.
📍How well does Roomba work on pet hair?
Roomba e and i series robots pick up more animal hair than other robot vacuums. The Roomba vacuums are smart enough to find and clean pet hair. The advanced filtering system can hold 99% of dogs’ and cats’ hair, mold, dust, and pollen. So, Roomba ensures that your home is neat and clean.
The Bottom line
If you have a pet and are tired of cleaning fur from your carpet, tiles even hardwood, I recommend you invest in Roomba. The guide above provides you all details about the best Roomba for pet hair. If you still have any trouble, please drop your comment below.